With the occasional song or Irish dance, the session musicians perform instrumental tunes in the Irish style. While the weekly session players will welcome individuals with experience playing Irish music, they ask that those without experience spend some time watching and learning before joining in. Everyone is invited to enjoy the session.
For this you can visit 2425 Norfolk, Houston, Texas 77098 (713) 528-5999 is our address.
We are situated one block east of Kirby Drive and two blocks north of the 59 (Southwest Freeway).
What time do they open?
11:00 am, Monday through Saturday
To allow our workers to spend time with their family, we are closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Let’s look at what more this place offers to be worth to visit it eventually as one of the Christmas events in Houston.
Get ready to perform in an open mic
Monday nights include Open Mic that is very interesting and really fun to be at you can throw all of you out on the mic and sing your passion away.
- At 6 o’clock, sign-up begins.
- 10 minutes or three songs are allotted to each singer.
- Comedians are welcome, indeed.
- Yes, there is a sound system there.
- They have loud microphones.
- They don’t have drums and piano but it’s more like a karaoke
- On Wednesdays, they enjoy games and Irish music.
- Only your talents and your buddies need to be brought; they supply the board games.
- Of course, if you’d prefer, you’re free to bring your preferred board games.
- At 8:00 pm, Irish Session starts.
- The only place to get tickets is online at mcgonigels.com.
- The deadline for online ticket orders on the performance day is 5 p.m.
- The Duck does not sell tickets.
- Any leftover concert tickets can be purchased at the door on the day of the performance for cash only after 5pm.
- Every purchase is final.
- Tickets CANNOT be exchanged for another performance or refunded.
- To know more about the charges and benefits check out their website mcgonigels.